At Fuel Included, we have run our Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) Calculator on a real-life example to help show the way the costs break down, and the considerable savings that can be made.
Today we have gone head to head with an all Electric Renault ZOE Dynamique 40 kWh, and a Petrol engined Renault CLIO Dynamique Nav TCe 90.
We have taken a commuter travelling into central Milton Keynes each day and parking as our representative driver. These tables show the total monthly cost* by summing all costs for the three year period of the lease and dividing them by 36.
Total Cost of Ownership
Even at the lower ranges of driving there are significant cost savings to be made. However, we see that as the mileage increases, the money to be saved is simply staggering.
Please contact us if you would like us to assess the cost of ownership of an electric car for your use case.
*Assumptions made for these calculations:
- Petrol price from Sainsbury’s Bedford £1.21 per litre.
- Electric charging is home charging plus 10 charges per year at £6 per charge from the Ecotricity rapid charge network.
- CLIO mpg 52 from https://www.honestjohn.co.uk/realmpg/renault/clio-iv-2013
- Both cars taken on 3 year PCP. Clio prices from http://offers.renault.co.uk/cars/clio/selection?offer=305 and ZOE prices from our current Fuel Included offer.
- ZOE miles/kWh 4.5 from manufacturers real-world mileage figure divided by battery capacity.
- Home charging Economy-7 unit cost 7.5p
- Tax: Clio 1.2L 118 g/km CO2 = £160 in year 1 and £140 per year subsequently.
- Parking costs based on person parking 200 working days per year in Milton Keynes town centre