As many people are starting to learn, the downside of increasing interest in and sales of electric cars is that the manufacturers are struggling to keep up. In particular both the BMW i3 and Hyundai IONIQ Electric have increasing lead times, heading towards 5 months from order to delivery.
One side effect of this is a shortage of used i3’s, particular the longer range i3 94Ah which was only launched a year ago. We are very fortunate, therefore, to be able to offer a used i3 REx that just came into stock this week and, after preparation, became available to sell today.
It has a very high specification – it’s a top-end i3 with all the bells and whistles. It is available from now to the first person to complete the paperwork.
Used BMW i3: Specification
The complete specification is here:
- BMW i3 94Ah with Range Extender (REx)
- Mineral Grey Metallic with Highlight BMW i Blue (£530)
- Aragats Grey Neutronic Cloth
- i3 Sport Package (£1700): alloy wheels, LED headlights, Harman Kardon Hi-Fi, Sun Protection Glass
- Media Package – Professional (£960): Navigation system Professional and Online Entertainment
- Park Assist Package (£790): Park Assist, Park Distance Control (PDC) front and rear, Reversing Assist camera
- 20″ BMW I Double-spoke Style Alloy Wheels (£520 on top of Sport Package)
- Comfort Access (£330): Open front vehicle doors and tailgate without having to use the car key
- DC Rapid Charge Preparation
- Electric Glass Sunroof (£780)
The current prices and specs for the options are included just to give an indication of how well featured this vehicle is.
In my personal view (as an owner of an i3) this could represent an electric car to keep for life. It has the longer range battery (120+ miles), it has the Range Extender (a small petrol engine in the boot to keep the battery charged on longer journeys – adding another 100 miles or so per fill up), it has a great look inside and out (sport package, alloy wheels, sunroof), and it has the larger screen satnav and nearly all the other gadgets you can think of.
Used BMW i3: Price
This is a car that would have cost an impressive £37,350 when bought new last year. It has only done a little over 4000 miles so it’s virtually new (I do that in ten weeks). It is now available on 4 year PCP for £1200 deposit plus £499 per month, and that includes servicing until 20 May 2019 or 36000 miles. That’s for a high 15000 miles per year PCP – of course we can do it for a lower mileage at a lower price if that would suit better.
Do get in touch if you want to know more: trevor.larkum@ fuelincluded.com, mobile 07920 790600.