When ordering a new BMW i3 it’s important not just that you get the right exterior paint colour but that you get an interior that complements it and that you’re happy with.
To be honest BMW don’t make interior selection easy in the sense that you might expect to be able to just choose a fabric and a colour. Instead there is a standard interior plus three optional (i.e. extra cost) interior arrangements; BMW refer to these interiors as ‘worlds’.
These worlds have a choice of trims (essentially the dashboard inlay material):
- Andesit Silver matt (Atelier only)
- Dark Andesit matt (Loft only)
- Eucalyptus matt (any world but Atelier)
- Oak dark matt (any world but Atelier)
The four ‘worlds’ are as follows:
- Atelier (standard) interior world: Neutronic cloth with Andesit Silver trim
- Lodge interior world: Solaric climate active wool/leather, standard trim is Eucalyptus
- Loft interior world: Electronic cloth/Sensatec artificial leather, standard trim is Dark Andesit
- Suite interior world: Stellaric natural leather, standard trim is Oak
There are therefore a total of 8 different world/trim options; these are illustrated below (click to enlarge).