BMW i3 Personal Contract Purchase (PCH) Deals
We have new deals available from 18 April for private buyers looking to buy the new longer-range BMW i3.
We are offering a BMW i3 (94Ah) auto hatchback on 2, 3 or 4 year PCH (Personal Contract Hire – effectively a long term rental). To keep these prices low, there is no Fuel Included service as standard. However, you do get the usual free car tax (for the BEV version) and congestion charge exemption as well as often free public parking and charging.
These are the current prices (with the lowest ones highlighted):
|Battery Electric (BEV)||Range Extender (REx)|
|8,000 miles pa||£385||£420|
|10,000 miles pa||£393||£429|
|12,000 miles pa||£402||£439|
|15,000 miles pa||£415||£454|
|20,000 miles pa||£436||£479|
The i3 is a very exciting car – arguably the most advanced in the world being 100% electric and the only mass production car made with a carbon fibre frame (plus aluminium chassis and plastic body panels). We have selected news and reviews (and blogging about our own i3) to read here.
A unique feature of the i3 is that it comes in two versions:
- As a Battery Electric Vehicle (BEV) – the car just uses electricity from the battery to drive and you recharge it as necessary.
- With a Range Extender (REx) – as an option the i3 can have a small petrol engine fitted under the boot which recharges the battery when it runs lows on charge.
In both cases we provide the longer range version of the i3 battery known as the ’94Ah’ (which relates to the specification of the battery cells). Where the previous i3 battery had a range of 70-90 miles this new battery has a range of 120-140 miles. In the case of the REx version (with its engine and 9 litre petrol tank) the total range is over 200 miles.
The other offer terms are as follows:
- Prices shown include VAT.
- Prices are for a standard car with solid paint, with or without REx – ask us to quote for other options such as automatic cruise control and automatic parking.
- Maintenance is not included.
- The excess mileage fee is 8p to 10p per mile, depending on contract terms.
- You get free road tax for the BEV and congestion charge exemption for both versions.
- While benefits for electric cars are changing, currently you get cheap charging on motorways and many public locations, plus free parking in many town centres and railway stations.