We recently started supplying the new longer range 30kWh Leaf in the Tekna model. However, we now have prices for the mid-range, and therefore less expensive, Acenta model; details and prices are below.
We offer the Acenta (30kWh) on 3 year PCP; this stands for Personal Contract Purchase and is currently the most popular way to buy a car because of its flexibility. You put down a low deposit, pay an affordable monthly fee (less than many people spend just on petrol), and drive away a new car with fuel included. At the end of the term you can choose to pay an optional lump sum and keep the car, or you can just give the car back and upgrade to the latest model.
It’s like a mobile phone contract, but with miles rather than minutes included.
These are the current prices (from 27 May 2016):
- 3000 miles per year: £260 per month, all fuel (9000 miles) included
- 5000 miles per year: £266 per month, 10000 miles fuel included
- 6000 miles per year: £269 per month, 10000 miles fuel included
- 7500 miles per year: £274 per month, 10000 miles fuel included
- 9000 miles per year: £278 per month, 10000 miles fuel included
- 10500 miles per year: £283 per month, 10000 miles fuel included
- 12000 miles per year: £287 per month, 10000 miles fuel included
- 15000 miles per year: £296 per month, 10000 miles fuel included
Regarding range, Nissan says:
With an NEDC range of up to 124 miles (LEAF 24kWh) or up to 155 miles (LEAF 30kWh), it’s easily enough to cover most people’s needs.
We’d say this is optimistic and suggest the standard 24kWh Leaf has a range of 60-90 miles, and the new 30kWh model has a range of 70-110 miles depending on ambient temperature and how you drive. Anyway, it clearly has a significant improvement in range and we would recommend the 30kWh model to most customers.
If you want to know more we have collected a number of public reviews here.
The other terms are as follows:
- There’s an initial customer payment (‘deposit’) of £500 when you order.
- Nissan make a deposit contribution of £5000.
- Interest on the finance is 3.99% APR.
- Fuel included: you get 10000 miles of free electricity over the three years (this is at the Economy 7 rate but you are not required to switch to Economy 7).
- You get free road tax and congestion charge exemption.
- You get free telephone and email support.
- The standard colour is Flame Red (other colours add about £16 per month, contact us for details).
- If you were to go over the agreed mileage on your PCP you would pay excess mileage as usual.
Coverage: We have bases and suppliers in Milton Keynes, St Albans, Northampton, Bedford and Leicester allowing us to supply all around the Midlands (including London, Luton, Oxford, Rugby, Kettering, Coventry, Nottingham and Birmingham). However we can deliver via Nissan Retail Group dealerships all around the country – just contact us for details.