Sumptuous leather seats that are individually hand crafted, low level mood lighting, a sound system dynamically optimised with the vehicle’s interior acoustics and all-essential multiple USB charging ports are prerequisite in a luxury company car – and standard in the newly launched Outlander GX5h and GX5hs plug-in hybrid electric vehicle.
Externally the new models have full length side steps for easier access and the addition of a rear spoiler.
Moreover the new Outlander GX5h and GX5hs invite very little interest from HM Revenue and Customs. The top of the range GX5hs priced at £44,999 attracts just £75 a month in personal benefit-in-kind tax and is exempt from road tax.
The vehicle has phenomenal environmental and economy credentials. It emits just 44g/km of CO2 and the official combined fuel consumption figure is 148mpg. It is eligible for the Government’s plug-in car grant and companies can offset 100 per cent of the purchase value against profits in the first year.
Clive Messenger, Head of Corporate Sales, Mitsubishi Motors in the UK, says:
“The GX5h and GX5hs plug-in hybrid Outlanders offer such a fantastic package of benefits for both companies and company car drivers – high specification, luxury feel, low running costs, strong environmental credentials. We are expecting it to quickly populate company car choice lists UK-wide.”
- Sumptuous high-line Nappa leather seats, dash, door and console lining in Porcelain Beige, Claret Red or Gunmetal Grey.
- Acoustically optimised audio system – seven speaker 420W premium Alpine Hi-Fi system, with silk dome tweeters to provide accurate and smooth highs, powerful 16.5cm midrange drivers and 20cm subwoofers for deep lows. The audio system has been specifically tuned for the Outlander GX5h and GX5hs interiors, in a soundproofed audio chamber and using sophisticated sound measurement equipment.
- Floor level, front and rear mood lighting, LED interior lights and ‘puddle’ lamps.
- Front and rear heated seats.
- Twin rear USB charging port.
- Integrated side steps.
- Rear spoiler.
- Outlander bonnet badge.
- LED Fog lamps and DRLs with chrome surrounds.
The new Outlander PHEV GX5h and GX5hs will be available in all five Outlander PHEV colours:
- Atlantic Grey (Metallic)
- Glacier Blue (Metallic)
- White Pearl (Pearlescent)
- Frost White (Solid)
- Amethyst Black (Pearlescent)
Read more: Diesel Car Magazine